Monday, August 10, 2015

Woodland Leaves Wreath


Susan Tierney-Cockburn's dies can be used for so many beautiful projects. I think we all love the gorgeous colors of Fall leaves.  I knew Susan's Garden Woodland Leaves would be beautiful on a wreath for my home.  All of the leaves in the set were die cut using white card stock then colored with Distress Inks.  I used a hot glue gun to attach them to a Styrofoam wreath.  For fillers,  I used Elizabeth Craft Curvy Leaves and the ECD Berry Branch.  For the berries, I used Viva Orange Paper Pen.  The pretty flowers were created with the new Susan's Garden Notes - Chrysanthemum dies. For additional Fall foliage, I collected acorns that recently fell from a tree in our neighborhood.   A large bow was made with a piece of ribbon from my stash.

Susan's new Woodland Leaves and Chrysanthemum dies will be available soon from Elizabeth Craft Designs.


12 comments:

ileana-carmen said...

Beautiful project!

Janie Printz said...

You are so amazingly talented Selma. What a gorgeous creation to hang on your wall. Did you use a green flat styrofoam circle for this project & may I ask what kind of glue gun you use? I can't seem to find one that doesn't continusly leak all over the place ... Do you use a large one or just the mini glue gun. Thanks, Janie

Glenda said...

Beautiful! It looks labor intensive with all the pretty flowers but well worth the effort!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Gorgeous wreath!

Anonymous said...

I know you were worried about the leaves showing up in the photo. Looks lovely.

Pat Montgomery

Mary Mac said...

Awh Selma, it is truly magnificent. Once again I bow to your patience, it must the secret and prime requirement of a dedicated and talented artist. I have been calling you the 'Flower Queen', how would you like 'Wonder Woman' instead?

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!

Eva van Buuren said...

Selma, this Wreath is really GORGEOUS!!
Wonderful flowers, leaves and colors.
It's a GREAT decoration for on the table or the front door......a piece of Art!!
Hugs, Eva.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Debi Lefever

Joset said...

Just stunning Selma! An absolute WOW project!!

SusieR said...

Lovely, lovely. Do you have a tutorial on how you color, create the leaves or a listing of the distress colors used in both the leaves and flowers. For those of us beginners that would be very helpful I have ordered the woodland leaves but have not been able to locate the chrysanthemum die.
Where do you post replies to questions asked? I have watched many of your tutorials and have found them very detailed and informative. Thank you for sharing and responding.

Selma said...

Susie I can do a tutorial on how I colored the Fall leaves next week on my blog. Both the Fall Leaves and Chrysanthemum dies can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs very soon. I will announce the new release as soon as it is available.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails