Monday, June 29, 2015

A Flower cannot blossom without Sunshine

You can be so creative when working with Susan's CountryScape dies. It is fun and easy to create a scene for either feminine or masculine cards.  The new Clematis die is so pretty; I twined it through the Trellis from the CountryScapes - Backyard 2 collection.  The Birdbath is from the CountryScapes - Woods 2 set.  I die cut one using white card stock and colored it with Distress Ink and cut a second birdbath out of black card stock.  The blue image was glued offset over the black die cut to give it dimension.  There are small birds in the Woods 2 set, but I elected to use the larger birds from the CountryScapes Critters 2 set.  The die cut grass is from the Woods 2 set.  Three butterflies were added from the Garden Notes - Bugs and Butterflies set.  The Squirrel is from the CountryScapes Country Critters set.  The rose was created using the Garden Notes Rose 2 set.  The sentiment is Susan's Sunshine & Love stamp.  I decided to add a 'sun' -- it is a punched circle that was distressed around the edges then filled with Glossy Accents.

My friend Glenda Brooks (MagPie's Corner)  posted a very pretty  Fancy Fold Corner Card which I wanted to try.  You can see her card and the link to this special fold card at this LINK. I created this Fancy Fold Corner on a 6x6 inch card and added and added extra layers around the corner.  The sentiment is a ECD Peel Off Sticker.

Here are links to the products used:


6 comments:

Glenda said...

So very beautiful! First off I love the design of your card! Then of course there are your flowers...simply amazing my friend. It's great to see you posting again...I missed you while you were away!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Gorgeous card,Selma and always a joys to visit your blog first thing in my morning!
Brightens my day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your wonderful gift of yours that you share with us . I am glad that you are able to get around a little more as I an sure that we all have missed your talents. Hugs Lelia Goddard

Unknown said...

Selma,
Love this cute little scene, you did a wonderful job, I would love to get all these dies, but want so many of her dies right now, I just can't afford them all and I,can not get just one!! :)
Wish I could get them all. I have not commented much of late, as my health is really bad and has not improved, but I do still read your blog when you do post, It is just rough for me to type a lot, but I am here and appreciate all your do and share with us.
Thanks much,
hugs
Donna(from when you were on Joans blog)
PS hope your daughter is doing well.

Eva van Buuren said...

A gorgeous card, Selma!! Very beautiful this joyfull Summer scene.
I'm happy you can make cards again and all the wonderful you made want to share with us.
Thanks for all!!
Greetings from now really hot Netherlands and a big Hug from Eva.

Somerset Spa Girl said...

Fabulous result, I really like the gold and purple effect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails