Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower Collection


I was not sure where to start with posting all the new cards I have created with the new Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower Collection. I created a box full of cards plus decorated a Fall wreath.   I began by creating a bunch of sunflowers with the Classic Sunflower PreCut Set and die cut them with the matching die; below I will show you.

 The Classic Sunshine Paper Collection is gorgeous. You can use just the card panels to create quick and easy cards, or you can use the stamps to add other elements to really dress them up.   All the design papers used on this card are from the Classic Sunshine Collection.  To add dimension, I added one sunflower created with the Classic Sunflower PreCut Set.  To brighten the sunflowers in the design paper, I used a bright yellow marker on the petals. Twine and floral embellishments were added under the sunflower. The leaves were die cut and colored in autumn colors and placed under the flower. The border down the left side is also from the design paper.   I added a corner, die cut from the Heartfelt Creations Perfect Petals Die Set. The tag was cut out and mounted to a larger, mustard colored, background.  A piece of twine was added.  Glitter was added to the die cut sunflower as well as the sunflowers in the design paper.

 I almost always make a lot of flowers at one time, so I can use them without stopping to create new flowers for more than one project.  The new Classic Sunflower Collection PreCut stamp is really fabulous.  It is one big stamp and has 6 different sizes of sunflowers, plus it has ladybugs and sunflower seeds or petals, in the design.  The matching die, die cuts all these pieces at one time.  I used brown and/or rust ink to stamp the sunflowers on white card stock.  I colored the flowers using Distress Inks.  The flowers were shaped, and two glued together to form the sunflower.  In the stamped flower is a pretty center, but you can also add different things to make the center dimensional, such as Flower Soft, beads or die cut pieces to create realistic centers.

For the completed sunflowers in this picture, I created centers with two sizes of die cut "suns".  I cut between each point of the sun to make it "frilly".  I glued together 7 to 9  "suns" for each center.  Some of the other sunflowers I created have small beads glued in the center.  I used a mixture of gold, rust and black beads.  After all the sunflowers were created, I sprayed them with a glossy finish to preserve them.  This is important especially for the flowers created for the wreath, which I will post later.

I hope you will come back to see the other items I created with this collection.

Be sure to go over to the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see Emma Lou's video all the beautiful cards created by the Design Team. 



1203717

10 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

This is stunning and such a wonderful new collection!!

craftieodmae said...

Love your Sunflowers (but then I love all your flowers!!!), beautiful card,

Janie Printz said...

Selma these flowers are just gorgeous & always love that you show us a mini tutorial on how you do it. I used my $25 Heartfelt Creation I won to buy a few of these wonderful products then used some of my own pennies to buy the rest of the collection cuz I wanted it all ...
Thank you for sharing these amazing creations with us.
hugs, Janie

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous cards Selma the sunflowers are gorgeous and on my wish list

Anne

merrymstamper said...

Gorgeous Sunflowers!!! Love this collection!

dgmlmax said...

What did you mean by "Suns"? Is it a heartfelt die? I need one in my life!

Anonymous said...

Selma, please share with us...what are the "suns" that you use for the center? Its stunning.

Selma said...

Thank you. The sun is in the Cheery Lynn Build a Flower Embellishment die set. http://www.cheerylynndesigns.com/embellishment-2/

Jacqueline said...

Stunning sunflowers and lovely card
thank you for sharing




Mr. Mark Thomas said...

My name is Mrs Aisha Usman, am a Citizen Of Singapore. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Whats-App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas

LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
Name:…………
Address…………
Loan Amount:……
Loan duration…
Monthly income…………
Nationality……
Country………
Occupation......
State…………
Zip/Code………
Gender…………
Age…………
Marital Status……………
Telephone………………

FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
Dr. Mark Thomas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails