Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Susan's Garden Violets

 
Today I have a box that I decorated using Susan's Garden Pansy/Violet dies. This is a close-up of the top. Susan Tierney-Cockburn has a video showing the steps on how to assemble these flowers here.  Also, last year I posted a little tutorial on my blog at this link, if you would like to see the steps I took to create a Susan's Garden Violet.  The violets I created for this box were die cut using white card stock.  All the petals were sponged with lavender ink, then at the base, blue ink was sponged on.  I tried to match the colors in the plaid on the box. Fine purple lines were drawn from the base of each petal for extra dimension, then yellow Flower Soft was glued in the center once the petals were dry.  The flowers were arranged on the top of the box, then the leaves were tucked under the flowers.

Both the pansy and the violets are very quick and easy flowers to assemble.  I used the pansy leaves on this project.  There are smaller violet leaves in this die set.  I love butterflies and dragonflies around my flowers, so I layered the Memory Box "Kaleidoscope" and "Moonlight" butterflies, and the Memory Box "Pippi" and "Isabella" butterflies and the Memory Box "Willow Dragonfly" around the violets.  The corners are Marianne Design dies.  To complete the box, I added blue pearls and a little purple bow.


You can turn "trash" into a cherished gift!  It is so easy to recycle boxes, containers, etc and decorate them with flowers created with your Susan's Garden Flower dies

Below are the links to products I used from Ellen Hutson, LLC.


1102442

12 comments:

Mihaela said...

You did a great job with that box, a beautiful gift!!!

Glenda said...

This is simply stunning! Of course I must be your biggest fan!

Anneke said...

Beautiful this box you have made.
Thanks for showing Anneke.

Patti J said...

Selma, this is beautiful! You always amaze me...thanks for sharing!

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful!

Bonnie Weiss said...

This box almost seems magical to me Selma ... what a keepsake.

Anonymous said...

Selma this is beautiful. I love the added butterflies.

Judy Blackmore

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Selma.

Hugs,
Debi Lefever

isobel said...

Beautiful as always, thank you for sharing. Blessings

Eva van Buuren said...

Selma, what a great idea, the boxes to recycle and decorate with flowers!
It's indeed a cherished gift!
Wonderful box, wonderful flowers, wonderful colors...
Thank you for sharing your ideas and creativity!
Hugs, Eva.

Inger Harding said...

Such a beautifully designed flower box!!
Love it!
Have a nice weekend.

♥ Inger

Shirley said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Think of how treasured this will be!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails