Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ice Skates

 Have you ever recycled old Christmas cards to create some thing new?  When I received this Christmas card I knew it would be a perfect background for the Sizzix Ice Skates.
Sizzix Tim Holtz, Bigz Die, Ice Skates
I love these die cut Tim Holtz, Ice Skates.  This die was so popular that it was out of stock for a while but it is now back in stock at Ellen Hutson, LLC.  There are so many things I think I will be able to do with them.  They can be used for beautiful Christmas cards but also for  Winter birthday or thank you cards.

Here is a picture of the recycled Christmas card I used for the background.

My recycled card turned into this.   First the card was cut down a little then I die cut a frame to go around it.  This is a Spellbinder frame.  Next I die cut the skates.  These are easy to color and then lace up.  There are slits so you can add string for laces.  Ellen has a large variety of cords/twines you can use for laces.   I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to sponge around the edges of the shoe and colored the heel and sole with the Vintage Photo Distress Marker. Silver paint was added to the blades.  A piece of twine was tied in a bow and a pair of Memory Box, Jolly Jingle Bells, were added.  The bells were die cut using silver card stock.  The ice Skates were attached with pop-dots over the background.  In the upper corner a holly die cut was added and scattered across the top of the card are some punched snow flakes left from a Martha Stewart border punch.  To add some sparkle to the picture, I added "Icicle" Stickles.

You can purchase the following products from Ellen Hutson, LLC by clicking on the links below:


1087950

9 comments:

Ms said...

I've seen this die but could never think of anything to do with it... I gotta say, this is just beautiful... Thank you for sharing your creativity.....

Rita said...

Beautiful card Edna. Aren't those ice skates superb. Hug Rita xxx

Mihaela said...

Great ideea, love the ice skates!

Antoinette Voorn said...

A wonderful Wintercard en love the skates en the picture!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Wonderful creation using the recycled card and the skates. I have those on my shopping list and can't wait to get them and play.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Oh Selma- I love the ice skates you added to this- what a great idea!
This is a gorgeous creation.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

Debi Lefever

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. One of my favorites!


Michelle Pletkovic

Anonymous said...

So cute! You did a great job of recycling. Thanks for sharing.
Jackie
Salem, OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails