Wednesday, December 4, 2013

More White Poinsettias


When I use my Susan's Garden flower dies, I always die cut a lot at one time.  I use a 80# card stock and usually can layer three pieces of card stock on top of the dies so it doesn't take long to die cut a lot of pieces.  Another thing I like to do is use white card stock then color the flowers with Susan's Garden Pan Pastels.  When I have already die cut a lot of flower pieces in white, it makes it easy to color them any color I want.   I like to use the Pan Pastel Sofft Tools for a nice even Pan Pastel color coverage.   

I had a couple more white flowers, left from yesterdays post, that I created with the Susan's Garden Poinsettia dies, so I decided to design a card with them today.  I added a lot of Distress glitter to the flowers, leaves and stamen, to give them a Christmas sparkle.  The added glitter really dresses up the poinsettias.  When you create poinsettias with the Susan's Garden Poinsettia dies, they are always the  focal point and you don't really need to add much more to create a gorgeous card.  This is a 6x6" inch card and was very quick and easy to assemble. 

I posted this card November 22 using the Memory Box "Grand Merry Christmas" die.  I love this die for a Christmas card sentiment.  When you use this die, you don't use the die cut letters that spell "Christmas" . I didn't want the letters go to waste, so I used them on the card I designed today.  I laid the letters out on the top of the card for spacing, then added a little glue to the back of each one.   I really like the unused letters added as a sentiment on my new card.

The products I used can be purchased from Ellen Hutson, LLC:


1069893

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

these look so real I can almost smell them............... you just amaze me!

Glenda said...

Oh my stars this is truly lovely but I don't know why I am surprised. Every post is remarkable in every way. Go girl!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow those pointsettias are just so scrumptious and you have incorporated them beautifully on your cards.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Antoinette Voorn said...

Wauwww super lovely card especially the flower!

Leanne ... said...

Love those poinsettias!!! You always do a lovely, beautiful job Selma.
Christmas hugs...Leanne

Dee in N.H. said...

Amazing!! I'm happy to hear that you can cut a few at a time too.

Ms said...

another stunning idea.... I love your ideas and creativity and have signed up to follow you... Thank you for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails