Monday, June 24, 2013

3-D Butterfly Window Card

I had planned to go pick strawberries this morning, but since we have had so much rain this past week, the strawberry farm is closed for a few days. This just gives me more time designing cards!   I have been anxious to work with the new Sizzix, Butterfly Window 3-D Popup die so that is what I worked with to create this fun card.

A couple of days ago, Joan posted a beautiful  birthday card she designed with these dies,  and you can see it and a video on how to use these dies, at this link.

I used the Sizzix "Square w/Ornate Edge Card Pop-up Die to create the pretty shaped card.  In the center of this die I used the Sizzix "Butterfly Window 3-D Pop die"  I love how you can see the butterfly on the front when the card is closed then you see the same butterfly inside, when you open it,  along with a smaller 3-D butterfly.   On top of the large butterfly pop-up, I added the Memory Box "Vivienne Butterfly" die cut.  The butterfly was only attached at the body to give it a lot of dimension.  On the smaller pop-up butterfly, I added one of the Cheery Lynn "Mini Butterflies" die cut.  



This die creates an opening behind the pop-ups and I decided to add a piece of design paper, on the inside, and covered it with the Cheery Lynn "French Lattice Sm Frame".  I added the same design paper on the outside to cover that same opening and used just one strip cut from the "French Lattice Sm Frame" as a border along each side.  

On the front I used a stamp from the new JustRite "Winged Vintage Labels Two & Three for the sentiment.  The sentiment reads:  "Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it Pleases and it pleases wherever it goes."   Perfect sentiment for this card, isn't it!   For a border on the inside, I added the Memory Box "Butterfly Vine Border".

You can purchase all these products from Joan's Gardens:
Sizzix, Butterfly Window, 3-D Pop-up" die (658369)
Sizzix, Square w/Ornate Edge Card Pop-up" die (658378)
Cheery Lynn "French Lattice Sm Frame" (FRM 132)
Cheery Lynn " Mini Butterfly" (DL 112)
Memory Box "Vivienne Butterfly" (98265)
Memory Box "Butterfly Vine Border" (98458)
JustRite "Winged Vintage Labels Two & Three" (CR-04465)

 My friend Pat came over and designed this card using the Butterfly Window 3-D Pop-up dies.  Hope this gives you some ideas for creating your butterfly pop-up card!


970704

6 comments:

Rita said...

Hello Selma. What a beautiful card. Apart from my love of butterflies, the colour of blue is perfect. Really Stunning. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxxxx

Antoinette Voorn said...

This is a really summer card!

Gr antoinette

Glenda said...

I agree with Rita...love the shade of blue and of course I always love butterflies!

craftieodmae said...

you never fail to amaze me, I love this!!!!!

Carol Tummon said...

Hi Selma,
What a fantastically clever card. You have such wonderful card making ideas. Keep up the good work and hope you are feeling much better these days.
Carol

gammy said...

I love your cards. Simply beautiful! However it would cost me a fortune to buy all the dies. I have a cuttlebug and don't know what dies will work on it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails