Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lavender Poinsettia


Today I had a lot of fun stamping with a friend.  My neighbor Pat came over this morning to learn how to make another card.   I asked her what she wanted to learn and she looked over some of my cards and decided to create a card with a poinsettia and wanted to learn how to add the metallic stain to it.  Here is the card she wanted to use as the inspiration for this card.  I will tell you below the products/colors I used on my card.

I let Pat choose the products to use on her card.  This is her beautiful card.  She choose to use the Swiss Dots embossing folder for the background on the 5.5" x 6" card.  The doilies behind the poinsettia are the Cheery Lynn "Scandinavian Hearts" and the gorgeous Marianne Design (LR0242) doily.  The Marianne Design doily was attached over the Scandinavian Hearts doily with dimensional tape. 

The Memory Box "Poinsettia Bloom" was white embossed three times and we followed  the same steps as I described in my previous post.  She used "Fired Brick" Distress Ink on the flower and "Crushed Olive and Pealed Paint" Distress inks on the leaves.  Over the top of both the flower petals and the leaves,  she brushed on the Ranger Distress "Antique Bronze" metallic stain.  After coloring the poinsettia, she decided on the color of card stock to use behind it.  Her choice of colors turned out beautiful, didn't they.  I was really proud of the work she did.  To create my poinsettia I used "Dusty Concord" Distress Ink and covered it with "Brushed Pewter" metallic stain.  I used the same inks as Pat on the leaves.

We felt like her card is so beautiful that whoever ends up receiving it would want to display it.  We die cut the beautiful Joy! "Card Stand".  I wanted to show you the beautiful design in this stand.  There are three different stands you can order from Joan's Gardens.

Pat is a very "crafty" person but has not made cards in the past.  I love to have her come over so I can teach her some of the techniques I know. 

I'll be back tomorrow with a card for the Weekly Challenge at Joan's Gardens. 

All the products we used on these cards can be purchased from Joan's Gardens:
Memory Box "Poinsettia Bloom" (G1778)
Joy! Crafts "Card Stand" (6002/0123)
Marianne Design Doily (LR0242)
Cheery Lynn "Scandinavian Hearts" doily (DL155)
Distress Stains
Distress Metallic Stains (Antique Bronze and Brushed Pewter)

790547

11 comments:

Caroline said...

WOW these are stunning love the die. Caroline xxx

Sheila - Ginger said...

Well done Pat and what a wonderful tutor you have in Selma!

Love Sheila xx

Mihaela said...

Purple and yellow- a creat color combination! Love both cards!!!

Rita said...

Fabulous cards Selma, but being taught by you in itself would wonderful. I bet your neighbour had a lovely time making her card. Hugs Rita xx

Glenda said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Well done!

Joan Fricker said...

How fun it is for you to have your neighbor love what you love. She has a great teacher for sure. Both cards are gorgeous!

Diane said...

Gorgeous cards, and how fun for your friend to learn all your wonderful techniques...and the stand is so pretty, too!

Lorraine Mcneil said...

Hi Selma, Stunning, as always. Just one quick question. I love the stand you used to display your card, and would love to order them, but I've been told they dont hold much weight a normal card will just fall over. Do you have any tips on this and, having used them, do you find this is true. Beautiful, beautiful card.

Lorraine Mcneil said...

Hi Selma, Stunning, as always. Just one quick question. I love the stand you used to display your card, and would love to order them, but I've been told they dont hold much weight a normal card will just fall over. Do you have any tips on this and, having used them, do you find this is true. Beautiful, beautiful card.

Betty Benton said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning. What a lucky gal Pat is to have you living next door!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both cards are just gorgeous! I've never used the Distress Stains but just might have to give them a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails