Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge


It is time for a new challenge at Joan's Gardens.  This week we want you to create a "Vintage" card, PLUS: 
  • Use a stamped background
  • Use Olive and Tan for your main colors
  • Use Feathers - either real or stamped
Please go over to Joan's Gardens for all the Challenge Information and to see what this week's prize will be.


Today I have some more new things to show you.  I had so much fun designing this card.   I used the JustRite "Fleuriste Newsprint Background Stamp and added the vintage lady from Inkadinkado Stamps

I stamped the JustRite background using VersaFine Black Ink, clear embossed it, then used my new Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color the image.  I love how these markers blend together.  If you are interested in these markers, Joan does have them in stock now.    I used a green and blue marker to blend the design around the "title" and orange and yellow to blend the butterfly colors.  To color the background I used the Tim Holtz Blending tool and sponged on "Scattered Straw" Distress Ink then went around the edges with "Tea Dye" Distress Ink.  

The lady was stamped using "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink. I cut the image out with scissors, sponged it with "Antique Linen" Distress Ink,  then sponged on "Tea Dye" avoiding her face.  I attached it to a piece of black card stock and cut a black border around  to help outline it.  I used the Cheery Lynn "Cuties 3" (B151) die to create the little roses for her hat.  I die cut two strips on tan card stock and sponged the edges of only one of them with "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink the glued the two strips together alternating the petals.  Each strip was then cut in thirds so I could create small flowers.  I created two strips this way because I wanted to have five flowers. Joan sent me some feathers and I added one of them to this hat then glued down the flowers in the same spots they were on the stamped image.  There is also a stamped feather on this image.  I had so much fun bringing this stamp to "life" by making the hat dimensional.   
    

JustRite stamps now has so many great stamp sets.  In case you are not aware of it, they no longer have the grooved sets, they are all "Cling" or "Clear" stamps and all the sets include so many beautiful stamps and sentiments.  

We hope you will join us in this challenge.  We love to see your cards.   

12 comments:

Sheila - Ginger said...

Fabulous card Selma, love how you have added the feathers and flowers to the vintage lady's hat.

Love Sheila xx
PS Having a bit of trouble adding a comment today so hopefully it has worked this time.

Glenda said...

Now you are going to make me dig for feathers! I'm not sure where I put them! Your card is gorgeous!

Francie (Montreal) said...

Ooh la la! C'est chic! Lovely card.

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgoeus, guess I'll have to go kill something to get a feather LOL, just kidding.........no Bird was hurt during the write up of this comment LOL

The Other Patti Sue said...

Olga cracks me up! This is gorgeous!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Selam. I have never gotten the knack of vintage but maybe I'll give it a try. I might have to ask Olga for a feather. LOL!

Colleen said...

Selma,
Beautiful! This is right up my alley I hope I get time to play!

Memaw said...

This is a beautiful card and of course I don't have these stamps yet.
But you and Joan have made everyone want to get them. Great job
Judy

April said...

Really gorgeous! Love it!

April said...

Really gorgeous! Love it!

Darlene said...

OH WOW! This is just FABULOUS Selma! You know how much I LOVE vintage design and your creation is just awesome! Thanks so much for inspiration! Great job!
Big Hugs! Darlene

Lana said...

Selma,
I absolutely love everything about this card!! By far your best one I love vintage as you know so this one reeeealy spoke to me!! GREAT job!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails