Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Thinking of You Today


Today I was playing with the Marianne Design (LR0169) flower to see if I could come up with something new.  I liked these flowers and thought I should give you a tutorial in case you would like to try them.  First to tell you about all the products I used from Joan's Gardens to create this card:  Spellbinders M-Bossabilities "Splendid" for the background; MFT "Oval Open Scallop Doily Duo" for the sentiment; Sentiment from the JustRite "Always & Forever Medallion Labels"; Cheery Lynn "Lace Corner Deco C" (B163); MFT "Leafy Flourish"; PunchBunch "Large Delicate Snowflake" and "Small Sun". 

I die cut a lot of the Marianne (LR0 169) flower using white card stock.  They were placed on the Craft Sheet and misted with water to soften the fibers.  Let them sit for a couple of minutes then dab off the excess water.  Use the "Round Nose Pliers" to shape each of the petals.  I like these round nose pliers, you can can from Joan's Gardens, because both points are perfectly round and do not put creases in the card stock.

This picture shows the nice curl I got using the pliers.

 This picture shows how I placed the pliers right in the center of the petal and wrapped it around the pliers.  After I shaped all the flowers, I used my heat gun to dry them.  Once they are dry, they hold their shape really well.  I layered three flowers to create the "fluffy" flower.  One large delicate snowflake and one small sun were glued together to create the stamen.  I used brown card stock for the stamen and added gold to the points.

I die cut a lot of flowers, so thought I would see if I could shape some buds.  It was really easy.  These petals were also shaped with the pliers then I used a stylus from the Flower Tool Kit and softened the very center of the flower and pressed it down into the black shaping mat.  Glue was added to the lower portion of each petal and then I pushed them up to the center going around one petal at a time to form the bud.  It went together very easily.

I die cut a lot of the MFT Leafy Flourish and arranged them on the left side of the card to resemble a vine.  The flowers and buds were arranged over the vine.  The butterfly was added to complete the card.

480018

12 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

This is sooo gorgeous. Love those flowers and buds.

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful flowers and buds.

Nan G said...

Gorgeous flowers! Got to get me a pair of those pliers!
Your card looks like it was fresh picked from a garden.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Selma,really beautiful, will have a go at curling my petals like this...my other ones took forever...beautiful card...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! : )

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Selma, I adore the flowers and the way you have made them. I boughtsome of the pliers when you mention them last time Selma and as you said they don't mark the card stock. thank you for the tut on the lovely flowers.

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

Just an overall beautiful card Selma! I really need a pair of those pliers!

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Selma. I love this new die to make those flowers. Great job!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love those flowers and the colorful butterfly pops! ;o)

Darlene said...

WOW! This is just GORGEOUS Selma! LOVE how the butterfly & flowers just POP! Once again ... thanks for inspiration! You are AMAZING my friend!!!

Betty Benton said...

Whoa!!!! Stop the presses -- this is one gorgeous card Selma! Love those flowers!

The Other Patti Sue said...

How in the world did I miss this gorgeous piece of art? Super pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails