Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bird's Nest


Did you check out the "Wild Wednesday Sale" over at Joan's Gardens?   Joan is making room for a lot of new products that she will be posting soon, and today has a very large selection of LaBlanche stamps at a huge savings.  Be sure to go over and check this sale out.  

Yesterday I used one of the LaBlanche stamps and created a card with very little embellishment, but today I wanted to show you how you can add other things to give these beautiful stamped images dimension. The LaBlanche stamp I used today is the "Bird's Nest" (1228).    Every time I start coloring these LaBlanche images I am amazed at how easy they are to color.  As I have told you before, I stamp them on the LaBlanche Specialty Stamping Paper and use the "Cut-n-Dry" Pen Nibs and Distress Ink pads to color.  You just roll the nib lightly over the ink pad to pick up ink on the point and lightly color over the image.  This Specialty Stamping Paper is a glossy finish and the Distress Ink colors blend together so easily, so you achieve exactly the color you want. After I had the images colored, I used the Tim Holtz Blending Tool and sponged on "Faded Jeans" Distress Ink to color the background.  When using the blending tool it is real easy to get a nice even coverage, right up to the colored images.  

The design paper I used is from Basic Grey "Sweet Threads" paper pad.  The doily behind the stamped image is the Cheery Lynn "Large Sunflower Doily" (DL181).  This is one of the new Cheery Lynn dies and is one of my favorites.  I wanted to put the bird's nest in a tree, so decided to use the Memory Box "Woodland Branch" (98187) for the tree branches.  This is such a beautiful branch and it falls right out of the die.  Three branches were die cut.  Since we are all waiting for Spring to arrive, I thought it would be pretty to create cherry blossoms on the tree branches.  I was so tempted to add green foliage but when the cherry blossoms come out I don't believe the leaves have come out yet. 

 To create the cherry blossoms I used the following Punch a Bunch punches:  Medium Cherry Blossom (Sakuras); Splatt; Small Sparkle; and small Sun.   Two cherry blossom and one splatt were used for the flower.  These were conditioned and shaped using the tools from the "Flower Tool Kit".  For the stamen I punched one small Sparkle, and two small Suns.  A black marker was used to color the tips of the Sparkle and a dark pink marker used to color the tips of the two Suns.  Using scissors I cut between each of the tips of these three pieces so they would "frill" out after being conditioned and shaped.  The two cherry blossoms were glued together then the splat was glued on top.  The small Sparkle was on the bottom of the two Suns for the stamens.  After they were all put together, they were arranged over the Branch.  Spellbinder "Lace Doily Accents" corners were added to the corners and a large black Dew Drop added to complete the card.  

All the products I used to design this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.  Be sure to go over and check out the fantastic sale she posted today for the LaBlanche stamps.  Supplies are limited  so be sure you check it out soon. She has a great variety and I know you will love working with these beautiful, very detailed images.

388513

6 comments:

Glenda said...

You make my fingers ache! This is just gorgeous. It seems like that is all I can ever say. You continue to Wow me each and every time!

Auntie Em said...

I just love robins and this little fellow and the nest are both so pretty. The flowers along the branches really make it look almost real! Gorgeous!!!
Thanks for sharing! :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Simply beautiful!

craftieodmae said...

another eye popping, jaw dropping beauty!!!! I love all the flowers you make, you are so amazing!

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful Selma. The Cherry Blossoms looks like you picked them off the tree. Love it!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful Selma. The Cherry Blossoms looks like you picked them off the tree. Love it!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails