Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop


It is time for another Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team Blog Hop.  This month there are only four of us participating and I will include all the links at the bottom of this post.

I have been working with the beautiful Heartfelt Creations "Magnificent Spruce Trees" (HCPC 3432) for another post I will be doing Thursday, this week. I love working with these gorgeous trees.  To create this card I started out with a piece of watercolor paper 5.5" x 5.5".  The tree was stamped with black Archival Ink and dried with a heat gun.  A dark green colored pencil was used to color it.  I like using a colored pencil to color the branches because you can go over all the pine needles leaving a very detailed image.  I did not use OMS.  I received a "Snow" background from Heartfelt Creations last year when I was on the design team, but was unable to find the name and product #.  I used an embossing buddy to wipe over the card and embossed the snowflake border over most of the card.  I then used Ranger's "Bridal" Embossing Tinsel so the snow would have a sparkle.  There are little sparkles in this embossing tinsel.  Joan's Gardens will be carrying a lot of different colors of this beautiful embossing Tinsel.  Using a blending tool and "Stormy Sky" Distress Ink, I applied color over most of the card,  going over the snowflakes and tree.

Across the top of the card I die cut the Cheery Lynn "Anastasia Border" (B136) and attached it with adhesive.  It was also sponged with the Stormy Sky Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from the Heartfelt Creations "Dove of Peace" set (HCPC 3421).  It was black embossed on watercolor paper and cut out with a Spellbinders "Petite Scallop Oval".  It was sponged with the Stormy Sky Distress ink prior to taking it out of the die.  A paper piercer was used to punch holes in each scallop.  The sentiment was attached with dimensional dots. Tiny white pearls were glued on the tree.  To complete the front of the card, a pretty blue silk bow was added. 

Below is the inside of the card.  The sentiment is from the Heartfelt Creations "Holiday Poinsettia Candle" (HCPC 3419) set.  It was colored in with a blue Copic marker.  The flourish below the sentiment is the Memory Box "Frosty Border" die.  All the products I used can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.



Be sure to see the  beautiful cards created by the  other Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team Members.  Here are the links to their blogs:


I hope the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team inspires you with these additional ideas using the gorgeous Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies.  .


21 comments:

Patti P. said...

Selma, this takes my breath away....such a simple design that has a load of impact! Love the snowflakes with that soft blue. And your bow....gorgeous. Love the frosty die on the inside.

The Other Patti Sue said...

I don't know how you do it... this is just amazing! Beautiful my friend!

craftieodmae said...

oh Selma, this is so elegant, I love it!!!!!

Sheila - Ginger said...

....and yet another stunner and so elegant too!!


Love Sheila xx

Carla S. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Selma! I love the tranquil scene you created!

Betty Benton said...

The tree is beautiful with the tiny pearls! Of course, everything about this card is stunning -- another work of art.

Gail said...

i agree..i can't stop looking at it..it's like looking out your window at a winterwonderland..wow..tfs..loves ya

CraftinGranny said...

This is gorgeous Selma. I just bought a bunch of HFC dies and stamps at the CKC show in KC last Friday. You are always an inspiration to me. "Hugs"

Unknown said...

O MY GOD
This is so beautiful I like very much the soft blue
but what esle can I say you took my breath away
and even the inside is beautiful
thank for showing

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--this is such a pretty CAS card. (CAS for your anyway LOL)! I love the colors and the sentiment! Your bow is fantastic!!! Great job on this beautiful card! TFS

Memaw said...

Selma, this card is so touching, it is uncomplicated (peaceful) I LOVE everything about it. Your bows are always perfect.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is a beautiful winter wonderland on a card! Simply gorgeous.

Ann

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh this is just so elegant and soft and yet "warm and loving"...love that bow and looking forward to trying that tinsel!
beautiful card my friend

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is lovely! The colors and embossed snowflakes are wonderful.

Lana said...

Selma you have truly out done yourself with this beauty!!! I love every thing about it, so simple yet so elegant!!
Hugs

Glenda said...

Wow, I just keep going back to look at this one! I need more detailed instruction on how you used a colored pencil over the stamped image...did I get that right or did I mis read?

Clare said...

Beautiful scene, Selma! Your card reminds me of the spruce trees in the mountains of Colorado after a snowfall! Great job!

Darlene G said...

Your card is so beautiful. I can feel the chill in the air from all the snow!!

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card!!! Your scene is just so pretty to look at :)

Angelica Turner said...

Wow, Selma this is so beautiful. I love how you stamped the background.

Shirley said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the whole card and TFS your techniques too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails