Saturday, February 12, 2011

LaBlanche Stamp Mini Tutorial


This card was created using another stamp by LaBlanche.  The name of this one is "Bird Cage".  Isn't this a beautiful stamp.  Joan's Gardens has a nice selection of these stamps.  Both Joan and I have had some questions about these stamps, so I have prepared a mini tutorial to explain a little about them.  The stamps are different from any I have previously owned.  Here is the description from Joan's Gardens:

" La Blanche Stamps are mounted on very lightweight, hard foam and the stamps themselves are made from high quality silicon, which results in very detailed images.The stamps are extremely heat resistant and they can be used with Archival Ink, VersaFine ink pads and also with StazOn ink."

This picture shows how the stamps are packaged.  Also you can see the package of "Cut-n-Dry Pen Nibs I colored with.  The stamp I am using is out of the package (there is only one stamp when you order the Bird Cage).  Today I am stamping on a piece of glossy card stock.

Here is a picture of the supplies I used to create my card:  The Bird Cage stamp, some Websters Pages design paper from a pack that came out last year, a Tim Holtz cutting tool, Nestabilities Label Seventeen dies, Tim Holtz Tea Dye ink and applicator. 

 I colored the design using the Cut-n-Dry nibs by touching the tip onto an ink pad.  I always like to try out new products and really like these nibs for coloring.    You can also  use reinkers to pick up color. I just put a dot of ink on my Teflon mat and pick up a little of the ink on the tip of the Nib.  The Nibs have a very fine point and are especially easy to use in small areas.  They only pick up a little color so it helps the design to show through very well.  You can also use Copic markers for a nice finish. I stamped my design on a piece of glossy card stock.  When using glossy card stock, you always need to be sure the ink is dry before coloring, or it will smear. You probably already know that.   I love how easily the color glides across glossy card stock; the ink doesn't sink in like it does on regular card stock. 

I cut the colored stamped image out with the Labels Seventeen Nesties and sponged around the edges with the Distressed ink.  I didn't want to cover up any of the design in the dp, so I used the craft knife to cut around a few items so I could slip the stamped design under them (leaves on the bottom left and flowers on the bottom right).

The sentiment is from the JustRite "You Inspire Me", stamp set.  A few flowers were punched and assembled to add to the top corners.     

This is a picture of the stamp.  It looks really different doesn't it. You can't really tell how very detailed this stamp is when looking at it like this. 

Here is what it looks like after you have applied the ink. Now you can really see all the detail.   I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and first rubbed it across the stamp to get ink on it, then tapped all across the design to be sure the ink was applied nice and even.

This is what TOTALLY surprised me.  I just sprayed some plain water onto this stamp to clean it and look how amazingly clean the stamp is.  This stamp did not stain like my other stamps. 

I love this new line of stamps.  Please go over to Joan's Gardens to see all the beautiful LaBlanche stamps she has in her store.  The Cut-n-Dry Nibs and all other products used on this card can also be ordered from Joan's Gardens

Hope you are having a great weekend.  Thanks for visiting my blog. 

14 comments:

Stay True To God said...

What a beautiful card!!! Thanks for all the info. and tips!! :) God bless & big hugs... Tracy

Chrissy said...

Selma, what a pretty card I love those royal blue flowers you have added, gorgeous colour,and great tutorial. What wicked stamps to come up that clean.
Luv CHRISSYxx

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card Selma and wonderful tutorial. Got my tool kit from Joan so am heading down to make some flowers. Cross your fingers. "Hugs" Carol

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Selma this is awesome!! Your coloring is totally gorgeous and love the whole look of this.

Yvonne Russell said...

Love this card and the fine detailed image.

Patti J said...

Your card is so beautiful, Selma, and I love the tutorial! Will have to try one of those stamps and nibs!!!

Dianna said...

Selma,

The card is just gorgeous, and you are correct the detail in the stamp is amazing. I just kept looking at the card before I read the tutorial and I couldn't figure out what you had stamped and what was DP. Just beautiful, and boy those nibs must be great to work with.

Thanks for sharing another "Selma Creation"
Dianna

velta said...

I wrote earlier...and it did not get posted...you make me smile every time I see your gorgeous creations...Thank you for sharing :)

Glenda said...

My stamps arrived yesterday! Can't wait to ink them up and get started. I think they are very different and really appreciate your tutorial! Your card is gorgeous and the coloring is to die for!

Sharon said...

Thank you for the tutorial.I was wondering how you would clean them and if the cleaner would hurt them, never thought you could just get the ink off with water. Thanks for the info. Love all of your work too.

Donna said...

You've sold me. I don't know which I am more impressed with, the stamps or the cur-n-dry nibs. The nibs don;t look very big. Is there a holder for them? Gorgeous card! I love your work. Happy Sunday!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful card and great tutorial my friend!

Bev J. said...

Your cards are such pretty works of art-you certainly have the knack for all the added details that enhance the finished card!!

Colleen said...

Selma,
Love, love this card and thank you for providing the info on the stamps it is very helpful to speak to someone who has used them. I may just have to sneak in an order.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails