Thursday, July 8, 2010

Elisabeth Bell



Cuttlebug Cut & Emboss Brocade Window

Open Cut and emboss folder


Sorry I have been away for a while.  We had a death in our family plus I haven't been feeling very well.

Today I received an order from Joan's Gardens and one of the new things is this Cuttlebug Cut & Emboss Folder "Brocade Window".  Do you have any of these new folders?  This folder embosses a 5x7 inch piece of card stock and cuts out the center all in one roll through the Cuttlebug .  I used a piece of white card stock for my card but if you go to Joan's Gardens, Joan has posted a beautiful card sample for the next challenge using this folder.  She has added colors to the embossed design.  You can see her card here

The card I made today will be entered in the Color Throwdown  #100 challenge.  There are tons of prizes that will be given away so you should check it out.

The design on my card is the Whiff Of Joy "Elisabeth Bell".  She was colored using the required colors.  The background was sponged with baja breeze ink.  The new Cuttlebug emboss & Cut Folder was used for the frame around her.  Some vellum flowers and leaves were added in the upper corner.  Elisabeth Bell looks like she has her eyes closed and is making a wish so I decided to use this salutation  from the JustRite set "Just A Note".  It was stamped then a small circle Nestie was used to emboss around the words then sponged with baja breeze ink. The entire piece was then cut out with a scallop Nestie and sponged on the edges.  Around the edges of the frame I used pieces of card stock in each of the required colors to create a colorful frame.

The Cuttlebug Cut &  Emboss folder, Whiff Of Joy stamp, Just Rite Stamp and vellum were purchased from Joan's Gardens

12 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are such an enabler... now I need those folders! Gorgeous card... so pretty! Hope you get to feeling better :)

craftieodmae said...

Feel better soon! Your card is simply gorgeous! I got my order today too, it's gonna be play time tomorrow!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Selma, this is BEAUTIFUL!! You'll have to send me that folder when you get tired of it!!

dj said...

what an awesome folder...such a fashionable card you have created...Thanks for taking part in this exciting 100th Color Throwdown Challenge.....don't forget to hop around to all the blogs and leave some love...that will increase your changes of winning!!

Michelle said...

Hi Selma

Sorry to hear about the death in the family and I hope you are starting to feel a little better too. This card is wonderful. I love the new folder, that is going on my must have list.

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--I am so sorry to hear about the death in your family. I said a little prayer for you. And I'm glad you're feeling better!!! I just love this card. I've never seen the cut & emboss folders, so I'll have to check them out because you sure made a sweet card with it. Elisabeth Bell is just the cutest thing! TFS

Theresa's Studio said...

Love that folder...saw on Joan's blog.Beaytiful card...great use of the challenge colors. Hope you are feeling better.

Carol L said...

TFS all the wonderful details of how you created this gorgeous card! It's just lovely! Thanks for playing along with the CTD 100th challenge!

Tammy Hershberger said...

That embossing is lovely, and your card is beautiful! Thanks for helping us celebrate this week!

LeAnne said...

Hope you're feeling better...this embossing folder is incredible! I have not seen these yet! Your little girl is a sweetie, too!

April said...

I just got this folder and love it! Your card is very nice.

Sherry W said...

Your posts are always amazing! But you've really outdone yourself on this one. Love everything about it! Beautiful card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails