Thursday, July 1, 2010

Buttons, Buttons



Well I am back from my trip to Canada and got sick while I was up there.  Glad you are out in blog world and can't catch it from me.  I'm sure it is just a bad cold, but sure makes my head miserable!  Before I left I made this card.  I love the verse around the design.  I have tons of buttons so thought what a great way to use some of them up.  Did I go overboard?????  

The stamp set used is from JustRite Stamps called "Stitched With Love".  It was stamped, colored with Copic markers then mounted on creamy caramel and chocolate chip card stock.  Circle Nesties were used and the scallops on the middle layer were pierced.  Each layer is mounted on dimensionals.

The design paper is from the Basic Grey "Sugared" paper pack.  I sewed it to a piece of creamy caramel card stock then I added the design.  I am not sure where I got the brown trim, but attached it to the bottom of the card with ScorTape.  Then I got started adding buttons with small glue dots and filling up the card with buttons on each flower in the design paper and also to the stamped design.  A few larger buttons were added across the trim.  I thought with this verse it was appropriate to add lots of buttons and to add stitching on the card. 

Have a Happy 4th of July.

 

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

No you did not go overboard. It's goregous. Sorry you got sick, hurry and get better!!!!

craftieodmae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Hi Selma

Sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope you are feeling better soon. Your card is beautiful. Love those buttons.

AKiteFlier said...

Oh my gosh Selma this is just as cute as a button *giggle* no seriously it IS cuter than a bug. All the buttons are PERFECT. FEEL BETTER.
Hugs and chicken soup your way...

Michelle said...

Hi Selma

Sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope you are feeling better soon. Your card is beautiful. Love those buttons.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So sorry your sick Selma! Feel better soon! Love your card... the buttons are great!

Kerrie said...

Just love all those buttons, what a wonderful idea.

Velta said...

Selma ~ This is just precious...I love that paper...so perfect for you buttons...your ribbon gathered like that makes this card "pop!" Not a great thing to get sick when you are on a trip...sry bout that, but thanks for sharing this precious card :)

Betty Benton said...

Feel better soon, Selma! Yep, you do have "sew" many buttons! I like the excess of buttons -- very cute and perfect with the saying!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Selma,
Sorry to hear you got sick while you were away! Hope you enjoy a happy 4th July though and are feeling 100% now!

Home soon too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails