Saturday, June 12, 2010

Plant a Little Sunshine






We finally have a beautiful sunny day.  I have some flowers and vegetables that I need to get planted and think today is a perfect day to do it.

This card is made using  more of my vellum flowers.  I think these look more like roses -- I used a different punch. For these flowers I used the Martha Stewart Four Leaf Clover punch and cut off the stem.  Do you think they look more like roses?   The designer paper is from the Basic Grey "Kioshi" paper pad.  The vellum flowers and leaves were attached over the design in the paper.  A matching green Martha Stewart ribbon and bow were added to the right side.  The verse and border are from the JustRite, "Seeds of Kindness" set.  They were cut out with circle Nesties and attached with dimensionals. 

Wow, that was a very quick and easy card. I like how it turned out even though it didn't take long to make. 

Wishing you a fun weekend.  I'll be back tomorrow with something different.

Edit -- I have had a couple of request on how to make these flowers.  Here is my tutorial.  

10 comments:

Joyce across the Pond said...

Gorgeous roses! Do you put this card in a box...no way that could travel in an envie...

craftieodmae said...

Absoluetly gorgeous!!!! They do look like roses. Beautiful! Now you know I don't have that punch LOL.

P.J.R said...

OMG and that is like the only punch of hers I do not have -- well yet. Those are so pretty.Lucky the friend who gets that work of art.Thanks for sharing.

Betty Benton said...

Selma, this is just stunning! Your roses are beautiful and I'm headed to check out the tutorial now!

Michelle said...

Such a pretty card Selma. Those flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial.

Karen W said...

Just gorgeous, I love all of it and the tutorial is wonderful.

Cherie said...

Oh Selma, Your card is so beautiful! I love, love, love your roses! TFS!

AKiteFlier said...

Selma - OH MY GOSH these velum flowers are magnificent - YES they look like roses and you did them SO beautifully. WHere do we get that colored velum again? LOL and which punch did you use for these???

Melanie said...

your roses are amazing, I must check out your tutorial!

Darlene said...

OH MY STARS!!! This is gorgeous and I love how you've used your signature flowers! PERFECT!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails