Monday, February 22, 2010

Lucky Bear




It is time for a new challenge.  Isn't this little bear cute. This is the FREE digital image from Nina May this week at TMITA/PCC.   He looks like he has arrived to bring someone good luck.  I had so much fun working on this card.  Nilla Berglie is our design team hostess this week and she wanted to see some distressing on our cards.  Here are the instructions she gave us:  "Use any technique for distressing, roughing up your paper with your scissors, distressing with inks, sanding, scraping, pounding (hehe - do this method if your are mad at someone with your meat tenderizer ;o) ~ any technique you would consider a method to distress! " 

The image was printed off then colored with Copic markers.  I sponged on clouds behind the bear but they do not show up very well in the photo.  It was backed with dark green card stock.  The design paper behind the image was also backed with the same green cs.  I used a distressing tool to rough up the edges of both green pieces of cs.  This is such a cool look and I seldom think of doing it.  My card is 5"x7".  The background piece is a lighter green textured card stock.  A strip of designer paper with shamrocks was added vertically to match the shamrock balloon.  A gingham ribbon was tied along the edge of that paper.  One of the things I seem to have a hard time using is buttons.  However when I looked at my finished card it just needed something else and I immediately thought "buttons" because they seemed to go with the dp.  I then added a little green bow at the top to balance it out. 

This was another very fun challenge and I hope you will go over and download your free "Lucky Bear" and join us this week at TMITA/PCC.  While you are there, be sure to check out all the talented designer's blogs for a lot more ideas. 

WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE THIS CARD?  If so, just leave me a comment below letting me know.  I will draw a random name from everyone leaving a comment .  You will be eligible if you are also signed up as a Follower of my blog.  I will announce the winner next Sunday.    GOOD LUCK!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK.


19 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absouletuly gorgeous! I love the sky you did.

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card, Selma! Love the green colors and great take on the challenge! Hugs Nilla

Payne Holler Cards said...

love all the layers and green colors!layout is perfect for that size card...just adorable!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute Selma! Love all the green!

Anonymous said...

Green! My favorite color! Really cute Selma!

Dianna said...

Would I like to have this card????What a question. You know I love all of your cards, because all of them are so cute...

So, draw my name....please.

Dianna

Dianna said...

Selma,

Would I like to have this card....YES I would love to have this card, and I don't think that my original message got sent to you, so I am submitting my comments again.

I love the bear, the colors and all of the entire card is so cute.

As always, what a great creation.

Dianna

redwasher1 said...

Selma, this is adorable!! Love it all even your bow looks like a four leaf clover. Great card!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Great St Patricks day card Selma!
Think you might get more than a few takers for your card too!

Kim Mc said...

Wow, LOVE lucky bear all in green! That PP is perfect and great use of buttons! Thanks for the inspiration!

Aloha, KIM

CraftinGranny said...

Count me in Selma! I love this card and the colors you've chosen. Missed the last challenge but I'm playing this week for sure. That little bear is sooo cute!!
"Hugs" Granny

Anonymous said...

I real just sarted following you when I saw the Congratulations card. I think this BearCard. He is just too adorable!
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Really cute card. I would love to win. Please enter me.

Martha
Marthamh2@aol.com

Janet said...

A wonderful card. You are so clever at colouring in these images. I like the use of the backing paper too.

Fran said...

I'd love to be drawn for this card! Thank you for the opportunity! Very cute!

Winnie and Patty said...

Since my middle name is Kennedy, of course I just love love love this little Irish bear! Absolutely adorable Selma! TFS!

Stamping in Asia said...

A fan of yours like this card as well....so what are you waiting for? Draw my name......:)

Pat said...

Super card, great papers and layout.

Pat xx

Nina said...

Selma, your card is super cute and who would ever know you have a hard time with buttons, but look at your go with several on here! :O) SO CUTE! sorry it has taken me soo long to get by, I soo love coming to everyone's blog and being so inspired and I have certainly enjoyed my visit and for the cards I didn't leave messages on I certaily loved them as well and always love seeing all your details added... Thanks for sharing your talents in a big way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails