Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blast From the Past Challenge "Heat Embossing"




Hi Everyone.  It is time for another Blast From the Past Challenge.  This week my challenge is for you to watch Gina's "Heat Embossing" video and create a card using this technique.  I also want you to add at least one heart to your card.  You can read all the details here on StampTV.

My sample challenge card is completed using Gina's  Pure Luxury Ivory and Good As Gold metallic card stock.  I also used Ranger Superfine Gold Embossing Powder, from Gina K Designs, which is a perfect match for the gold cs.  Both the card stock and embossing powder are so beautiful.  The images are from  Vintage Borders and Elegant Post stamp sets.  Both of these sets were designed by NinaB, available from Gina K Designs.

To start this card, I used a cuttlebug embossing folder to create the embossed heart background.  The images were  gold embossed then cut out with heart  Nestabilities.  The  heart border with created with a Martha Stewart punch.  A pretty bow was created using ribbon from GKD.

I hope you will join in on my challenge this week.  Gina K is releasing a lot of new stamp sets today and if you enter a card in this challenge, your name will be entered in a random drawing to win any Gina K stamp set valued up to $24.95.  Good Luck.

6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very,very pretty! One of my favorite techniques!

Carol said...

I'm lovin' this one, Selma! Hearts and heat embossing, you just can't go wrong there.

Cherie said...

Selma, Your card is beautiful! I'm amazed at how well the gold embossing matches the paper! TFS!

Cherie

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma, this card is so sweet. I really like it. TFS!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!!!!Very elegant.

Nina said...

very pretty Selma, love the gold and white that always makes an elegant combination!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails