Thursday, October 8, 2009

Penny Black Sleigh Ride

This is a cute little image from the Penny Black set called "Jolly Follies". I really like all the cute stamps in this set. I got it from Joan Fricker at Joan's Gardens.

Since this is a long image, I decided to make a card that would fit into a business size envelope. I cut my card stock 9 1/4" x 7 7/8" and folded it so it was 9 1/4" long. I used a piece of designer paper from the Signature Christmas stack by "My Minds Eye". It is framed on SU Bermuda Bay CS. The image was stamped with Memento black ink and colored with colored pencils and OMS. It was then cut out with long rectangle Nestabilities and matted on Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede card stock. Each layer is attached on dimensional tape. A Suede colored ribbon was added to the left side of the card. After the card was completed, I added some Polar White Flower Soft. These little guys needed to be having fun in the snow -- right! I purchased my Flower Soft from Joan's Gardens.

Have you started your Christmas card yet?


4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful card Selma!!!

Betty N said...

Really cute card Selma! Love how you have used
the flower soft!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm lovin it! Now I know where to get the flower soft!LOL!

jean wilson said...

Selma I just am so glad you share your work with us! The cards are beautiful! How do you make such awesome bows??? Do you have a tutorial? I have watched some on You tube but just don't get them like yours! Please help! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails