Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Holidays


I am getting a real good start on completing all my Christmas cards.  Here is one I made using stamps from "Tweet Winter Wishes" by Our Craft Lounge.  I created a scene using the snowman, the fence with the birds, and the smallest snowflake from this set.  The pine tree is from Rubber Stampede.

The images are clear rubber stamps so they are very easy to create a scene with.  I first stamped the snowman then the fence.  The images were colored with Copic markers.  I used Sahara Sand to stamp the snowflakes.  I usually use black ink but like the lighter look using this ink.  I used one of the long rectangle Nestabilities to cut out the image.  The SU greeting was stamped on white CS and a ticket punch used on each corner.  Both pieces were then attached to some aqua colored shiny cardstock that matches the aqua in the background paper.  The tree was stamped in black ink and colored with Copic markers then cut out.  It was mounted using dimensionals.  Polar White Flower Soft was added to the scene then some aqua rhinestone completed the card.

Have you started your Christmas cards yet?


7 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your attention to detail is amazing!This looks just like a winter scene!

Mary G. said...

This is beautiful! LOVE the patterned paper and all of the extra little details that you've added. Just beautiful!!!

craftieodamae said...

This is fantastic!! It's so real looking I got a chill LOL. Snow will be coming!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

have started my cards with only what I've done for the hops!! so that's at least started ...LOL
love this one you did!!!
and am I blind or what!
when did you change your blog! love it BTW :)))

Dianna said...

Selma,

How did I know it would be a snowman card? You still love your snowmen don't you. This is such a cute card, and some very lucky person will receive it for Christmas I bet.

Great Job.

Dianna

A Consuming Passion said...

This is a lovely image Selma and your card really does it justice.

Nina said...

super super cute!! I love that tree, so real looking and love that flower soft on it, that details is so lovely!! youtube has a tutorial on how to make that product out of styrofoam balls, you should check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails