Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Door is Open

My husband and I are leaving this morning to go to Red Mountain Resort in Canada so another day I don't have time to stamp. This is a card I made not long ago. I used SU "Thoughts and Prayers" for the main image. The crackle design is a stamp from Gina K's "Bold Flowers" and the verse is from Gina's "Wreath of Wishes" stamp set.

To begin I used a piece of SU designer paper for the background. To color the tree I first used a Memento Dew Drop " Bamboo Leaves" ink pad to pat the ink directly to the stamp. I purchased my ink pads from Gina K Designs. Since these little pads have a sharp point at one end, it is really easy to control where you add the ink. I then used a Creamy Caramel marker to add the brown to the trunk and branches. I stamp the design on Vanilla card stock then cut it out using a Classic Square Nestie. Before removing it from the die, I sponged on So Saffron ink with a sponge dauber. To get the arch above, I cut out a circle using Nestablities then cut it in half. While still in the die, I used VersaMark and Detail Gold Embossing Powder to stamp the crackle design. As soon as it cooled, I sponged on So Saffron ink. I glued the two pieces together then cut out the small border using a Martha Stewart punch. The verse was stamped and a small satin bow added to the top.

Well I'm off for a fun day in the Canadian Mountains. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.


6 comments:

craftieodamae said...

How pretty! I love this

The Other Patti Sue said...

Awesome card! I love the two separate panels!

Payne Holler Cards said...

lovely card - hope you have a beautiful day - i bet those mountains are gorgeous!
Linda

Judy Covey said...

Another extremely cute card Selma, you have such an imagination when it comes to creating pleasing and interesting cards.

CraftieConnie said...

So beautiful! Love how you laid out the this card!

Jennie said...

This is gorgeous Selma! Love how you did the panels. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails