Monday, August 10, 2009

Birthday Wishes Hanging Basket

Today I made a card with another new set from Gina K Designs. This is a beautiful set designed by Nina Brackett called "Elegant Post". It is definitely elegant. It has three greetings in a beautiful font.

I have had some embossing powder, for years, that I have not used. I thought it would be great with this flower pole. It is called "Green Verdigris", which is a mix of green and I think gold and maybe a little black. I decided to use Black pigment ink to stamp the pole, then embossed with the Green Verdigris embossing powder. I tried to emboss with VersaMark and didn't like the coverage so decided to use black pigment ink and it turned out perfect. I stamped the pot of flowers with Black Memento ink on a separate piece of card stock, colored with markers, then cut it out. I didn't put it on dimensionals but it still gives it a little dimension. I used a piercing tool to punch a border then mounted it on Green Galore card stock.

The top piece of background paper is from the Basic Grey "Sultry" Paper Pad and the bottom piece is from the DCWV "Fun in the Sun" Summer Matstack. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border. In the upper corners I use the Cuttlebug corner die and added some green rhinestones to the center of the flower. I also added a few other rhinestones to complete the card.

The Birthday Wishes is from the Elegant Post stamp set. It was cut out with Petite Oval Nestabilities and attached on dimensional tape.

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

This is beautiful! Love that bg paper.

Barbara said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I love the card and the perfect work that your do. I hope to be so good some day.
Barbara

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow Selma! I love this card! The DP is awesome! I think I need this stamp set! LOL!

Kerrie said...

Selma,, this is a beautiful card, love the DP

Dianna said...

Selma,

I don't think I have ever seen a stamp like this one before. It reminds me of a "Homey" type card. Very pretty.

Dianna

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Selma. I love how you pierced the sentiment. It really stands out.

The DP is one of my favorites from Basic Grey too!

Joan

Melanie said...

that's great with the floral Dp!!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you're a "dekada setenta" girl. Yeah, I know you'd really love gift baskets in any occasion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails